Thursday, January 28, 2010

Get Oganized Before They Rise!

Well, it's good advice for any emergency preparedness plan. Have what you need ready before the earthquake/tornado/flood/storm/outage happens, because you might not be able to get to assistance, or it might not get to you, as the case may be.

So, when it comes to being ready for the Zombie Plague, it follows that you should have more than just a plan, you should have the very tools you will need to keep yourself alive.

Case in point, in a phone call yesterday, my friend pointed out that when the zombies are walking down the street, you won't be able to buy a hammer or hatchet. The shelves will be empty, and no one will be restocking, cuz the stockboy is on aisle three eating the last dude who came in looking for a hammer. Have what you'll need before it happens.

On a happier and quasi-related note, I have been looking at a lot of light axes lately. Because of my hatchet post a few days ago, I've given a lot of thought to what the ideal light axe would be. It might look something like this...
Though I think I like this even better...
The top one is the Cold Steel Frontier Hawk, the bottom is that company's Norse Hawk. I think I like the Norse's symmetry, even if the frontier is more useful for purely utilitarian design aspect.

On the other hand, because of the stupid "Orc War Axe" from Castle Age, I have been more interested than any other point in my life in the archetypical double bitted axe...
I dunno. I guess time will tell, eh?

No comments: