The Call of the Mild is the third book in the series of books dedicated to the fake-psychic duo, and follows their adventures in nature along on an wilderness retreat with a group of lawyers, one of whom is a murderer. My wife bought this for me, and I read it in one day (Sunday, after finishing The Burning Land, in point of fact).
Things I liked:
- William Rabkin knows the characters, and has them respond in situations in a manner very like the characters in the show, right down to the aforementioned pop-culture tirades.
- Very funny 'dream' segments detailing Gus' worst fears.
- Clever final resolution based on random minutia, in classic Psych style.
- Some 'cutscenes' back to Henry were quite unrelated to the development of the story.
- Not as funny as the previous two books.