Friday, March 12, 2010

Contests.

Work contests at my job are lame.

The contest we have today is that if we get to 2.5 hours of call time, we can leave. Right then. Sounds great doesn't it?

There are only a few problems with this...

  1. I work hard every day, and I almost never get to 2.5 hours, and when I do, it is at the end of my day anyway, so I would hardly be leaving 'early.'
  2. If by some chance I got a hold of a bunch of people and was making money due to those talks, I wouldn't want to leave early, I would want to get as much done as possible.
  3. Everyone here is coming up with ways to cheat and get extra calltime. That means the only ones who get home early today are the ones who come up with the most clever and successful ways to cheat the company.

...all in all, I feel this is highly counterproductive.

1 comment:

bobby said...

I was just going to poo my pants, and start crying.