Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Hey, a man of Iron!

I have always liked Iron man toys, when they come in the 3.75 inch scale. It was one of my very first Christmas presents...Iron Man and Doctor Doom. Funny I remember that. This is the Mk I suit from the Iron Man movie, as everyone viewing this is likely aware. I never had a chance to get it the first time around, and it was the wrong scale anyway. So when this set came out, like many aficionados, this one was at the top of my list. Subsequently running into it today at Wal-Mart, I decided to get it. I'm glad I did. Good paint apps, all of the articulation that the piece needs, plus being a substantial chunk of material are all in this guy's favor. Plus, he comes with a lot of accessories; a stand that holds fig and 3 cards, plus the launcher gimmick. I usually hate those, and this one is no exception, but at least it is detachable, so I can just lose it. Or, since it is more realistically sized than most launchy gimmicks, I can actually use it with one of my other figs...perhaps a certain heavy weapons expert that came with a ridiculous bazooka?

No comments: