Saturday, March 13, 2010

Iron Man Deep Dive

This was actually the first figure I bought from the Iron Man 2 Movie line, passing on a Mk I and Iron Mongers on the same peg. Why skip two that I regret missing from the first line to buy one that is so obviously going to be a peg-warmer in the coming months? I'm not sure, but I have a theory.

See, when I was a kid, I wanted to join the Navy really badly. I had all of the GI Joe and Cobra divers, all of the submarines and amphibious vehicles, and played in my neighbor's pool with them. That's sort of a long way of saying that I like water toys...sorry.

Oh, right, Deep Dive Iron man has nice paint, he's put together fairly sturdy, and looks pretty awesome. He's appropriately bulbous for that 'water pressure resistance' look, somewhat resembling an 'Undine' power armor from Battletech. Maybe that's another reason I bought him. He has the same problem with hip articulation as my Iron Monger however, though worse, as his legs are at something of a back angle. He stands well enough, but looks like he is leaning forward on the balls of his feet all the time. I guess that's alright. A super hero should always be on his toes.

No comments: