Friday, March 19, 2010

Red Leader

I have been looking for the Red Leader two pack for some time. Red Leader is the shotgun-wielding, honor guard slaying, Mjolnir mk IV wearing, Spartan II from the Halo Wars game. I posted a cutscene featuring him a few days ago, remember? Well, this is him, in all his majestic, McFarlane, overpriced glory. He comes with an MA5B assault rifle, which is great, because it is THE iconic weapon of the Halo Series, as far as I am concerned. I had originally hoped he would come with the shotgun, a la Monsters, but since Forge came with a shotgun, but used an MA5B in the cutscene, I suppose I could just swap them.

Red Leader has over 30 points of articulation, which is plenty. He is painted magnificently. The level of detail poured into this guy is painstaking. He is very similar to the Master Chief, but in the bulkier and more 'retro' mk IV power armor from the Halo Wars time frame. He has the new 'pinned' hip joints rather than the old ball joint like the Master Chief, but the jury is still out whether this is an improvement or not. Time will tell, I guess.

This is a two pack, it also came with Master Chief and a flamethrower, an accessory I was eagerly anticipating. Stay tuned for details on that piece shortly.

No comments: