Thursday, March 25, 2010

Target Exclusive Mark V Mjolnir!

Shockingly, I did not even know this figure existed. I was walking around, thinking I had everything I wanted from the current wave of Halo figures, when BAM! I came across this guy at Target. I love the Mk V armor, it's what Master Chief wore in the original Halo: Combat Evolved, and to my way of thinking, his best look. It's the armor I'll always think of. It's iconic.

This is a Target Exclusive, which is why I didn't know about it...it's not present on the backs of the cards. It is the basic Spartan figure with special chest, shoulder plates, and helmet to conform to the Mark V appearance that retro purists such as myself have come to love. As such, it has the 30 points of articulation (including the poseable toes that annoy me so). That makes it great for photo ops, although since all my readers are likely familiar with the Master Chief's antics, I just put this guy in a straightforward stance to show his paint. I do like the paint. It's obviously Target themed, but quite stylish nonetheless.

Also this figure comes with a 'Weapon/Anti Vehicle Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle' or in the more common parlance, the Spartan Laser or 'Splaser.' It's a nice weapon, though a little narrower in cross section than I was expecting. In a line that comes with exceptional accessories, the Splaser here is, well, flat. In any case, it's a very necessary piece of anti-tank lasery goodness.

No comments: