Saturday, April 10, 2010

Inquisitor

Well, it has been a good long time since I posted anything, and I do apologize for that. I was sick this week, and did some activities with the kids, so have not had a lot of time to put into my geek hobbies. I did make one step in the right direction however...I have been looking for a game system to use with minis that I have and might have in the future. I don't like using a bunch of figs at once, and I don't like mass battle rules, which ruled out the various incarnations of Warhammer. On the other hand, I didn't want a game built off of an RPG either, as they were somewhat too generalized, and not necessarily set up for using minis.

Then I came across Inquisitor, from Games Workshop. It is set up with the Warhammer 40k universe in mind, which was the main interest currently, deals with small (like 6-10 figs total) groups, and has a good level of detail in how damage is allocated and interacts with armor and play.

Even better, you have the option of getting the manual (like $45) or downloading a free PDF. Those of you who know me even a little, undoubtedly know which route I took. If you are interested in having a look at this interesting and involved system, look here... Inquisitor Online Resources.

Once I get a chance to play this a little bit, I will let you all know what I think.

No comments: