Well, after printing up all of my chits, counters, and hex cards for Patrol: Lost, I set about gluing them to the backs of file folders. The trick here is using a very light touch when applying the glue, then using a broad brush to spread it very evenly across the card. That last is quite important, as if you apply the glue to the paper it will cause bubbling. I may still have to reprint one of my tile sets because I tried applying it to the paper side to save glue, and results were well below satisfactory.
Next, I applied the paper to the cardboard, making sure to smooth all of the surface and that there were no bubbles, voids, or unglued segments. Since the cards were curling from the curing glue at this point, I decided in order to have them as flat as possible, I would let them dry under a stack of flat, stable binders and books. Plus, you all get to have a glimpse at some of my reading materials.