Friday, July 23, 2010

A Distraction From 40k

Just recently, I thought to myself "whoa, I am spending a lot of time, effort, and attention on Warhammer 40k." Between army lists, Kill Team games, Space Hulk, Painting, Novels, blogging, and online shopping/brainstorming, my 40k hobby is starting to feel like work. I need a break. Never fear, I still will be working on my projects, beating my friends and losing to my daughter. My Inquisitors will still be putting heretics to the question, and my Deathwatch will still be scrubbing the neighborhood of Xenos. I just need a hobby to take my mind off my hobby, as it were.So here is what I was thinking. I have wanted to get into Warmachine (or it's compatible sister game Hordes) for almost as long as it has been around. I even have a plastic bin full of unassembled and unpainted Warjacks of assorted factions (mostly Cygnar, though, I think). I have downloaded the quick play rules, and I am going to give it a shot this weekend while I am on vacation. If all goes well, I will probably start a second faction via a starter kit from Miniaturemarket.com and let my daughter have the mixed Warjack force. Maybe I will paint them pink, to sweeten the deal for her. That way, she can have an army she likes, and I will have an escape from my obsessively pursued Warhammer 40k armies. The army I was thinking of starting is, as you might guess from the above picture, the Legion of Everblight. this fulfills two purposes, as not only will it be good to have a faction outside of 40k, but it will prevent me from getting involved in 2 factions in 40k that have always interested me, Tyranids and Dark Eldar. There are a good deal of similarities here. Just Look...Like a Tyranid.Like Dark Eldar

Let me know what you think!

No comments: