Sunday, August 15, 2010

Cronus Squad Marines. A More Permanent Solution.

I have been playing the Starcraft Tactical Miniature Game all weekend, and I love it! This is really a great game for 'light' wargaming as I call it. You know, like with my daughter. The Halo minifigs work okay for this in the short term, but a more permanent solution is in order for representing my Terrans. Sammi's Protoss are amazingly well represented by Tau Fire Warriors, but the Terrans deserve something special. I ran across these at EM-4...They look pretty good, are cheap, easy to put together, are not immediately recognized as GW Space Marines, and should be a snap to paint. They look enough like Starcraft Marines to suspend disbelief once painted, and can serve as 'counts as' Space Wolves in a pinch (it is the only chapter codex I currently have) if I get the 40k itch, as happens now and again.

I spent a fair amount of time deciding how to paint these bad boys for my game, and decided to paint them in the white armor of the United Earth Directorate's Cronus Squad. Yeah, that's right, Brood War rulez!

3 comments:

1615 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sonsoftaurus said...

I have some of those guys...

In my first Tau army, I used a number of them for Stealth Suits.

CounterFett said...

Hah! That's priceless. That never even occurred to me.