Sunday, August 1, 2010

Reinforcements! A HaloBloks review

My wife and I bought the Hornet MkII version, which is in Red instead of the original O.D. I know what you are thinking...don't I already have that? Well, yes and no. This version is included in a new set, and is MUCH better constructed than the previous iteration of the UNSC heli. The differences are matters of tolerances and minute blok changes, so I am not even sure I can articulate them. Suffice to say I like this version a lot better.
Also included in the set was a Jackal (Kig-Yar). He came with a shield and carbine, but since my wife has confiscated those pieces, I set him up as a sniper with beam rifle.A new HaloBlok member, the Hayabusa Spartan. Hopefully, this means we will be seeing other armor permutations in the future. Here's hoping! This set is not a must have unless you really like the Hayabusa, or like me, you were really unsatisfied with the previous iteration of Hornet. The inclusion of a Jackal and an ODST figure (labeled on the box as a 'pilot') also add to this set's cool factor.

This was not the only Halo purchase we made this weekend...stay tuned for more updates!

2 comments:

Dan said...

I need to buy a Halo set one of these days. And maybe Halo as well for my 360 since I don't play often.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, I have been getting these since they first came out, and they are only getting better. Now that my wife has decided these are as good as LEGO, the purchasing speed really picked up.