Friday, August 13, 2010

Starcraft Tactical Miniatures Game

I found this great free miniatures combat game made by Neuicon. It works off of a simplified d20 system, much akin to Star Wars & D&D miniatures. My only quibble with the game is a minute one, in that I think the Protoss are a but understrength. I will be working on balancing them vs. the Terrans, and I am playtesting them tonight.

I will be using Halobloks Spartans and Flamethrower Marines as Terran Marines and Firebats, and using Halobloks Elites as Protoss. Should be a fun game. For a change, I am going into a new game feeling like I already know all about it, as I played a lot of d20 games in high-school/college, plus it has always seemed very intuitive to me. Should have some battle pics and report up tonight.

If you were interested in giving this game a shot, which I wholeheartedly recommend, you can find it at Starcraft: Tactical Miniatures Combat

2 comments:

惠邱邱邱邱雯 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Neuicon said...

Howdy, this is Neuicon!

Haha, I just did a search on Google for anyone still rambling about my game; this one is getting re-wroked, by the way, to accommodate the newest release of Starcraft, and will feature all the units from the new game with a new save roll change to the original rules. It should be released sometime soon, and if you don't mind, I'll link you to my website, where I do host a ton of other wargames. You can also search for me at 1KM1KT. Thanks so much for playing the game, and I'd love to hear your thoughts on it! :)

http://neuicon.webs.com/