Saturday, September 11, 2010

Basecoating. Progress!

A lot of bloggers that I follow, who probably know what they are talking about, say that posting on the weekend is a waste of time, that most people only read blogs during the week when they are at work. This is sort of a problem for me, since I get the vast majority of the work done on my models during my days off.In any case, I got the base coats slapped on the Berzerkers and the Carnivean. The 'fusion' flat camo brown worked wonderfully, again. This demonstrates that even a marginal painter can achieve decent results if only choosing paints very carefully. The Metallic Blue on Khorne's finest, however, is a different story.

I have become a pretty good spray painter, and have been very successful in using it for base coating my minis. Mostly it's a matter of distance, timing of coats, evenness of spray strokes, etc. This blue stuff, however, proved a little thick, and seems to have obscured a good deal of the fine detail on my Berzerkers. All is not lost, and I will do my very best to recover them, but I am a little bit disappointed in the finish. The color itself is nice, and should be a nice effect when done, so we'll just have to wait and see.

3 comments:

Gyro said...

Ugh, I hate basecoating, period. Sometimes I wish there were a painting service you could send your figs off to that would just primer them and send them back...

sonsoftaurus said...

As for the weekend "issue", type stuff up when you have the time, and then schedule the posts. Use "post options" at the bottom and switch from "automatic" to "scheduled at". Write up posts Saturday and Sunday, schedule them for Monday and Wednesday.

I often write stuff up at night and schedule them for the following morning, and when I went on a trip I had something in the bucket scheduled to go while I was away.

CounterFett said...

@ gyro: I would never do that! It's the one step I do with any level of competence. I am very proud of my base coats. I sometimes wish I could just leave them there. Or maybe dip the.

@ sonsoftaurus: Yeah, I know about the scheduled posting, but with how frequently I post, if I moved them all to weekdays, it would probably end up as three a day or something ridiculous. I can live with low viewing on the weekend.