Saturday, September 4, 2010

Conversions I Am Proud Of

Well, today, after getting home from the Pleasanton Scottish Games, I got down to the nitty gritty and started assembling my Khorne 'Zerkers. I knew I needed two Plasma Pistols, which I thought was going to be no trouble at all. I also wanted to make Harkan Ironfist, an obscure World Eater quoted in Codex: Chaos Space Marines. Like the Space Wolf Lord Berek Thunderfist, I thought, "maybe his name came around because he routinely wears a power fist." Since Power fists are an available option to both Chaos Lords and 'Zerker Skull Champions, I figured this would be a snap.

Two Problems:
  1. There are no powerfists in the Khorne Berzerker box.
  2. The Plasma Pistols are parts, not whole arms.
So, no matter how you look at it, I was in for some converting. The good news is I am flush after my triumph with converting Lylyth-cum-Kerrigan, so was not too worried. Also, I have a much easier time working plastic. Also, I had some loyalist terminator lightning claws laying about, which I could play with.

And now, with thanks for reading that big block of text, here are the pretty pictures...Harkan Ironfist, in his full on blood rage!Special Operations: Killzone PlaZerker 1SO:K PlaZerker 2Tau-Counts-As-Inquisitorial-Stormtrooper-Sergeant. I decided to make this guy when I decided I wanted to use my spare Tau figs in SO:K, but that I hated their stats. Also, I wanted to Play =I= Stormies, but don't want to spring for the metal figs, and I can only get away with using Halo Bloks figures for so long. In case you were wondering, that is a Pulse rifle cut down and joined with a Pulse Carbine barrel to pass as a Hell Pistol. The Chainsword is the one I cut off of Harkan to attach his Powerfist.

These all turned out exactly as I was hoping they would, and I am quite pleased with them. Expect to see some paint going on soon.

2 comments:

Papa JJ said...

Nice work on the conversions! In particular I like your idea for the Tau counts-as Inquisitorial stormtrooper team for Killzone, the sergeant looks cool and I'm excited to see more of these guys as you get them assembled and painted. Will you be using fire warriors as the stormtroopers?

CounterFett said...

Yeah, I have firewarriors with Pulse Rifle counts-as Hellgun, and Pulse Carbine counts-as Shotgun. I was considering using my Stealthsuits as SoB Heavy weapon troopers too, but we'll have to see how the points break down goes. I have not remade the list yet after the debacle with the vindicare assassin.