Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Deathwatch and Death Angel, Coming Soon (Enough?)

This post was intended to explain how, despite the delays, and the frustrating pre-release at a con I was not privy to, I was still excited that FFG had put on its news site that both of the games I had been waiting for were to be released next week. Then I realized that the post on their news page was from the 8th, and that this was in fact, next week. I excitedly opened multiple tabs, in an effort to quickly find the fastest way to get my hands on said products. Amazon is the only place that has an expected release date, which is 09/28/2010 for Deathwatch. They are, incidentally, the best deal I could find for a pre-order. FFG's site, on the other hand, does not have a release date or pre-order available, as best I can tell.

Sadly, as far as Death Angel is concerned, I didn't find much worthwhile info. Amazon doesn't even have it listed (except one scalper who wants like $180). Therefore, I do not know much about when it is to be released. 

Originally, both of these products were slated for a summer release, which would have been cool, as I can see having a lot of fun playing Death Angel with my little girl during her summer break. At this point, we'll be lucky if we get to play it during her Christmas Break. Amazingly, my attention has not been diverted by shiny new products that are actually released (a sad commentary on the gaming industry, let me tell you), and I still wish to purchase both these products.

The GenCon release of Deathwatch tells me the products are ready to go, what's with the foot dragging?

6 comments:

Loquacious said...

Just as a general piece of info, FFG has the screwiest release schedules and timing ever. Usually when they say "August", our question is-"what year?"

I may have a way to get this for you if it is really out. You want me to check?

CounterFett said...

Nah, Don't worry about it. I Pre-Ordered it from Amazon.

Thanks for the offer though, I do appreciate it.

Gamers are the best people.

kenchan13 said...

I too am looking forward to the Death Angel game but man if i can't stop playing Dungeons and Dragons Castle Ravenloft lately. It is the funnest i've had with a game in a long time. You should look into it. Fully playable right out of the box and my 5 year old can play it. Plays in under an hour. Super Fun!

CounterFett said...

Ooh, Vampires!

I didn't realize ravenloft was out! Thanks Kenchan13

Gyro said...

A couple of players in our group ordered from Amazon, but got emails later saying the release date was pushed back to October.

CounterFett said...

Gah! That sucks. I didn't know about that.

Lame, man, lame.