Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Next Big Thing! Undead!

Well, I have been working on a lot of Sci-Fi stuff lately. It's hard to remember that the two influences that originally got me into all of this wargaming and mini stuff was Dungeons & Dragons (all the way back in , like 1e...wow I'm old) and Lord of the Rings.

I have never put together a fantasy army, and thought I might give it a try. I already have a lot of Skeletons and Ghouls that I was planning on using as Plague Zombies or some such for my Chaos Space Marines (counts as summoned lesser daemons), but decided to use my already completed Bloodletters for that, since they are, well, actual Daemons.

So that narrows it down to either Tomb Kings or Vampire Counts. As much as I like a good Mummy theme, it seems to me that would narrow down my color and theme options quite a bit. Plus, the current vampire craze means there are a lot of excellent Vampire models out there. Another plus is that Mantic's Undead line seems to be tailor made for the Vampire counts, and I am nothing if not cheap. I have had their detachment pack of 20 skeletons and 10 ghouls for quite some time, so adding to this as needed seems like a smart idea.

I will keep you all posted as this comes together.

1 comment:

Steel_Templar said...

good luck with your vampire counts :)