Thursday, September 2, 2010

Special Operations: Killzone Part II

Making a Warband:I was having a hard time coming up with what would be my 'regular' SO:K team, as I have a great many interests, and dabble in multiple armies. But when I evaluated my current collection, I saw that I had something perfect. Some time back, after reading the Bolter & Chainsword forums, I had, on a whim, bought Codex: Chaos Space Marines, and a box of Khorne Berzerkers.

Berzerkers are not very 'competitive' in the normal game of 40k, and while I am most likely not what you would consider a WAAC type player, I do like winning. So shunting them off to this special project is not really costing me anything. Furthermore, with twelve guys and a lot of extra stuff lying around, I can really play with all of the extras and experiment with what works best for me.

The preliminary list looks like this:

8 Khorne Berzerkers (the magic number, LOL) ...168 points
2 Plasma Pistols ...30 Points
Total 198 points.

Since I am sticking to the somewhat arbitrary 200 point limit, this is probably as close as I will get. I had considered taking a skull champion and giving him a plas, but that seems too much of a "eggs in one basket" situation, as if he gets killed, I am basically stuck with chainaxes & bolt pistols. While that is an awesome combination, I want the warm fuzzy security blanket that only a plasma weapon can supply.

Now, to just decide how to paint them...

2 comments:

b.smoove said...

That's a no nonsense list for certain. I like the idea

...and if I'm not being presumptuous by saying so, I'd be quite pleased to see you paint them something other than the obvious choice.

CounterFett said...

Yeah, that's why I thinking so hard about it. I am not going to paint them the "every body and his brother's" world eaters.

I was going to make them part of Harkan Ironfist's warband. He's the guy with the quote in the C:CSM about how even our blood is welcome.

I was going to go with kind of a grimy aluminum color, with brass highlights being the only homage to their World Eaters Origin.

That way, I can use one of the left over 'Zerkers with a Power fist to represent on Harkan Himself, and have myself a Chaos Lord to boot. Truly this box is multi-purpose.