Sunday, October 10, 2010

10/10/10 A Once In A Zillion Year Chance For A Killzone Blitz!

Ok, well, maybe not a zillion years, but it seems like a fun day to set the Killzone Extravaganza BigJim had planned for Special Operations: Killzone. For those of you who have not heard of this project, where have you been? I have been talking about it for months! Anyway, Killzone is a re-imagining, if you will, of the old style of Killteams for Warhammer 40,000 where you have 175-225 points to buy models individually rather than as squads. It really allows you to customize and personalize your team a lot more than simply selecting, say a squad of assault marines, or a squad of Terminators, as Killteams tends to devolve into (at least where I live).

It's a really great project, that a lot of very talented people have put a lot of work into. I have helped with this project as well, and I am very proud for the minor contributions I have made. I am very impressed with the way it has all turned out, and I think you are going to like it.

Click here to download the current version of the rules, the errata for the codices, and the scenarios.

I will be making at least two more Killzone related posts today, regarding two teams I have put together, one simple and one with a little more thought put into it. Look around the interwebz, read about the game, and give it a shot. I think this is going to be THE fan supported skirmish supplement for 40k. But then, I might be biased.

1 comment:

Brent said...

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Brent