Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dogs Of War!

No, not that kind!
Well, since my wife was pretty lukewarm when it came to the idea of playing the Stargate Fleet game with me, I decided to print up something else instead. Found a place to download the Dogs of War game for free. I have heard lots of good things about this one, and have seen a lot of interesting setting conversions for it. Mayhap in the near future, you will see a Halo conversion for it from your favorite blog bum...
That's a little more like it.

The game is a modern skirmish which lends itself to 4-man fire teams, based around a d10. It looks nice, with good detail though not overly intricate. It includes stats for several different types of American light infantry and, umm, contemporary opponents. And, of course, there are all of those setting add-ons I mentioned. I will be reading this tonight, and probably play testing it tomorrow.

In any case, I am pretty excited, and I needed something to read and do over my extended mental health weekend.

No comments: