Friday, October 29, 2010

Foot Marines: How To Bring The Pain


This one could also be titled: What To Give My Tactical Marines? Or maybe: Why are all the best Space Marine pictures of the Black Templar?
My Spartan Marine list is going to be Foot-Rine (I'm pretty sure I just made that up, but it goes hand-in-hand with footdar, mechdar, etc.), because I do not now, nor will I in the near future, have any tanks. I am moving out of my apartment this weekend, and do not have the time, money, or space, for a mech force. What I do have is 85 Halo ActionClix figures on the way. The only thing set is that Master Chief is going to count as Marneus Calgar, and that I am going to be using Tactical Marines as my troops choices.

Since this is going to be a veritable power armor horde, I will likely be doing ten man squads. I think I would be best off doing anti tank for special and heavy, that way I can combat squad them into groups of five tacticals for anti infantry, and than group the special weapons guys with the sergeant, sort of like mini devastator teams. In this way, I would be able to focus my anti-tank special weapons on appropriate targets without wasting too many bolter shots.

So then, it comes down to which actual loadout works best for this type of mission? Should it be melta and multimelta for the absolute pinnacle of melta goodness? Plasma and missile for better range? I will admit to not being very experienced in this arena, as I have usually used dedicated anti tank platforms for killing tanks in the past (as Tau, your anti tank cannot be confused for anything else, a la hammerheads and broadsides).

In any event, what do people think here?

2 comments:

Loquacious said...

Because BT are awesome and to be feared in CC, that's why =p

Wolfman said...

Why Are all the best Pictures of Black templars, you ask? They are equal to or surpass the close combat skill of the space wolves, And are 10 to the 85th times better than Ultrasmirfs. THAT IS WHY, AND FOR THAT, THEY SHALL KNOW NO FEAR!!!

But for as badass as they are i still will place as rocket and lascannon barraging Space Wolves.