Sunday, October 17, 2010

Halo LEGO. Or Teensy Tinsey Spartans.

In the spirit of the massive glut of Reach inspired Halo posting, I have decided to post something I did a while back, but never mentioned. I used to think LEGO minifigs were superior to HaloBlox. I have since changed my mind, but one of the results of that mindset is that it drove me to gather the parts from BrickForge to make these guys out of the green bodies from the Toy Story 3 army men set...
Vandal Team. Part of NavSpecWarGrp Three, the Vandals might be considered the flip side of the coin to the more glamorous and successful Noble Team. Comprised solely of Spartan IIIs who washed out of the super secret Headhunter program, given second class gear, and given the worst assignments available to Spartans, the Vandals are a cautionary tale. Their greatest success is that since their formation, the Vandals have been assigned no replacements for combat 'losses' (Spartans never die, they just go missing in action); in essence, the already highly motivated supersoldiers  do not want to be assigned to Vandal Team as a punishment detail.

Since the program is already a success, the Vandals are given free reign to fulfill their mission requirements largely as they see fit. This suits the misfits, malcontents, and loose cannons which comprise the team just fine. A clandestine group, the Vandals usually can be found with close quarters weaponry, and a large percentage of 'liberated' alien tech.

Which brings me to where I need your help! In the spirit of Sons of Taurus(es?) naming characters from his renegade guard army after Followers, I am going to create names for my group of misfit Spartans based on followers who would like to be a part of LEGO Halo wargaming history. So, if you would like to participate in this little experiment, and follow your fictitious plastic super-soldier's exploits here at the blog, leave me a comment with your name, and which Spartan you want to represent you, and we'll do it. Same caveats as SoT's apply, if you have a weird name, we'll have to come up with something reminiscent. I am not naming a Spartan HelloKitty_3378, or something like that.

Update: All Positions On Vandal Team Have Been Filled! If You Are Still Interested In Participating, Stay Tuned For The Elite Equivalent!

7 comments:

Mario! said...

I want to be the guy on the right, using my punk rock name: Mario Menace.

CounterFett said...

You got it. So three left!

Silar Lannanaris said...

Can I be the pistol wielding manic on the left:

Silar

Loquacious said...

I can has shotgun? I don't know or care how you name me... just gimme a big boom stick!

CounterFett said...

Yes and Yes. So, far, I think everyone has normal enough names that I don't really have to do much.

Gyro said...

So that leaves the SMG-wielding guy for grabs? Score, if it's still available that is!

Gyro-044?

CounterFett said...

You got it Gyro!