Friday, October 15, 2010

Halo: Reach Noble Six Action Figure Review, Part I

It has been a while since I have done one of these, and since I picked up Noble Six today to help cheer myself up, I figured I would do a three part special regarding the main protagonist of Halo: Reach.
Noble Six is an unnamed faceless character in the least distinctive armor scheme of the whole Noble Team. His armor is a dark slate grey with black undersections. He wears Mark V [B] Mjolnir armor, which seems to differ from the more mainline Mark V armor worn by the Spartan II members only cosmetically. Actually, the Mark V [B] Armor from Reach seems substantially better than Master Chief's Mark V armor from Combat Evolved, but that can be attributed to evolution of the gamplay features rather than to real technical difference. However, the subdesignation of [B] does imply some minor revisions or improvements of the mod. 0 version. Since the only differences I can see that could be called 'improvements' in the game are visor and that Noble Six does not take falling damage, we might surmise that Field of Vision and the Hydrostatic Gel systems have been improved over the Mark V. Enough pseudo-techno-babble. I am fairly excited about this. Halo is one of my all time favorite franchises. The recent lines of toys have been terrific, and the Reach line looks like the best of the lot. If first impressions can be trusted that is. In the next installment, Noble Six will be out of the package.

No comments: