Monday, October 4, 2010

How I Balance Out My Hobby.

A relationship is give and take. I have a lot of hobbies that take time, like miniature gaming, painting miniatures, video games, and blogging. To make up for it with my wife, I just watched a playthrough of Super Mario Galaxy on YouTube by SSoH, and then we have embarked on a Daria-a-thon. Yes Daria.

I actually liked this show quite a bit back when it was on originally, and I am remembering a lot of why that was, in any case, I should have paid back enough hobby credits to be back to regularly scheduled blogging.

Thanks!

2 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

This is a tough thing. My wife was a gamer when I met her and actually played in a few RPGs I ran. Over the years (ten of them) I have managed to let things unbalance enough times that sheh as soured on gaming and though she is still gamer-friendly, she will not actively participate in games with me.

CounterFett said...

My wife won't RPG or wargame with me (I don't rpg much myself anymore), but she likes interacting on the assembly and painting aspect, and always wants me to put in the 'cool' models or helps with color scheme ideas.

She is a pretty hardcore video gamer, if hardcore can be applied to someone who mostly does facebook games and Mario games.