Sunday, October 10, 2010

Killzone Blitz Part II: The Beginning Army.

Like I said, I thought I would be making more posts today in support of BigJim's Blitz for Special Operations: Killzone. This is a little bit of a repost, but I have never posted this all in one place.

I had a hard time deciding what I wanted my primary Kill Team to be. I had a goodly amount of minis that could be used, but I wanted something different than what everyone else would be using, and something that I would not normally field in a game of 'normal' 40k. I also wanted a 3+ armor save, because with the built in low model count, durability is important.

Furthermore, I knew I also wanted to use up all of my available points on stock models, since I am very poor at keeping track of the SO:K specific unit upgrades. As cool as the personalizations are, they are no good to me if I forget to use them.

With all of that in mind, I give you...The Swords of the Eye!


 The Army List:
8 Khorne Berzerkers (the magic number, LOL) ...168 points
2 Plasma Pistols ...30 Points
Total 198 points.

It's really that simple folks! A box of Berzerkers, the Chaos Codex, and a copy of Special Operations: Killzone. Good times.

3 comments:

Loquacious said...

They look great!

Papa JJ said...

That's funny about the downside to taking special abilities and equipment, I hadn't thought about that. Hmm, I might need to make a cheat sheet to use during games.

Great work on The Swords of the Eye, I really like the alternative color scheme. It looks like it will be a really tough and killy team. Nicely done!

CounterFett said...

Thanks, guys!

I am going to do a write up in the next few days about my Tau-counts-as-Stormtroopers Kill Team, which is the 'advanced' or graduation team for me, and they have upgrades and special abilities, and are for when I am playing a more 'in-depth' game.