Monday, October 11, 2010

Killzone Blitz Part III: Family Gaming NIght.

We do things a bit differently here at the Counterfett household. Tonight for Family Game time, it was Daddy vs. Sammi (short for Samantha) in a smackdown showdown in Spaaaace! Now, I am going to do this a bit differently, as I am not even going to tell you all the army list, or even a strict turn by turn battle report. Just look at the pretty pictures of the game and read the captions. This is the beauty of SO:K, you don't need a narration to get the gist of what's going down. There are good tactics and tough choices being made here, but you can tell at a glance what is happening.
Sammi's Daemons at setup. Don't tell me you can't play a horde in Killzone. This game makes ten look like a big number.

My Meganobz. That's right, Orks.

Gavin's UNSC forces. He does not really play, but does not like feeling left out, so he plays on his own side of the board. I am sure I am violating some sort of choking hazard laws here, so, shh!

A Combi-Skorcha! My Kingdom for a Combi-Skorcha!

Around turn three. Things are looking pretty grim for my Megas!
Last man standing.
 This was a nailbiter of a game. I actually won, which is a bit of a rarity. Sammi made one tactical error in the second turn that cost her the game in the long run, though the game turned on literally the last roll of the dice. This is definitely in my top ten of miniature wargames moments.

That's the kind of game that BigJim's Special Operations: Killzone is.

3 comments:

Loquacious said...

I love Sammi's hot pink Horde. Way to give Dad heck, Sammi!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, the daemons started out as red, but since she took them over, they definitely became pink. Maybe I should add some Tzeentch units?

Papa JJ said...

Awesome battle report, I'm hoping for some family game nights like that in a few years.