Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spartan D044: Gyro

Last installment on the team creation (or recruitment) stage before I start gaming with my little band of Spartans.

Gyro, Spartan D044

Gyro was part of the first class of Spartan IIIs trained on a world other than Onyx, in his case the backwater world of Persephone. Many of the supervisory staff were concerned with the quality level of recruits trained in secondary or tertiary sites, not overseen by a first-gen Spartan like Kurt. These concerns proved to be unfounded, but nevertheless a stigma did remain on the Delta Company Spartans, which was not alleviated by the fact that they suffered 75% casualties on their first mission. Since the mission was a success, however, little could be done other than congratulations to the survivors. After a stellar performance solo, and behind enemy lines, Gyro was forwarded to Headhunter training, and was part of the same cadre of trainees as Silar. 

Gyro was hospitalized during the same explosion which cause Silar to wash out of the program, and after a hospital stay, discovered he was out of rotation with the training program. Rather than have Gyro repeat the first half with a group of fresh recruits, he was given the opportunity to command his own Team. The Vandals. Gyro is a solid tactician, and being an independent operative himself, knows how to get the very best from each of the mavericks assigned to him. An M7 caseless SMG is his constant companion, but he is equally adept with the whole repertoire of UNSC weaponry, and carries an additional loadout as the mission requires.

After this I am going to start laying the down the smack in whatever gaming system I can squeeze them into. Dogs of War? Certainly. Space Hulk? Why not? Killzone? Hmm, it'll take some doing, but I think I can swing it, especially if I use some ODST 'redshirts' to fill out the model count requirements.

3 comments:

Loquacious said...

I'm ready to report, Gyro!

Gyro said...

Another glorious day in the UNSC...every meal a banquet, every paycheck a fortune!

I'm honored CFett, thanks! Have you looked at 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars? I highly recommend that one!

CounterFett said...

Ooh, need to have a look! I am always down with picking up new systems. I am finally getting to the point where I know 40k pretty well, need to move on now. Lol

++Bonus points for gratuitous Aliens reference.