Friday, October 22, 2010

Still Working The Concept. Paint Scheme For Those Vets

As always, picture courtesy of the Bolter & Chainsword Marine Painter program. This is from the older version that has the wargear options, which is necessary if you are trying to do something like this.

This is the paint scheme I was talking about. I had a look and I am pretty sure Vanguards are what I am going to use for my counts as Hospitaller Knights. The Vanguards have less weapon options than I remember the old Dark Angel Veterans having (no Storm Bolter, rawr!), but most of the fire support options are pretty unnecessary for the concept of Elite Melee Shock Troops anyway. I think I am primarily going to go with bolt pistols, plasma pistols, power weapons and storm shields.

It's a simple scheme, which means I might actually be able to do a good job of painting it. I think it does a pretty good job of conveying what I want. Stark, simplistic, brutal. The only thing that bothers me about it is that it is a bit monochrome. That's why I included the frag and krak grenades, they give it just a bit of color other than gunmetal and black.

As always, let me know what you think. I need all the help I can get.

1 comment:

Loquacious said...

Oh I love monochrome- thus the BT dudes I'm crushing on so hard...

I like it.