Friday, October 8, 2010

The Taste Of FAIL

Didn't Salsa Verde Doritos used to taste good? My wife recently got a bag of them because the store was out of my kids' favorite flavor, Sweet Spicy Chili. I used to like this flavor a lot. She gave some to the kids for their afternoon snack. The kids didn't like it. This is a first, my kids are not picky eaters, they LOVE chips. So Kelli decided that if the kids did not like them, she would eat them. She didn't like them either. Being the family's resident trash disposal, it fell to me to eat them.

"No Prob," I thought to myself "I loved these back in college. "

Well, back when I was in college, they tasted pretty good. Now, they taste like the part of the pepper you cut out and throw away. You know, that white part that sort of tastes funky and reminds you of that time you faceplanted in the third grade because that bastard Trevor smacked you in the back of the head in dodgeball and you spent the rest of the afternoon picking grass out of your teeth? Yeah, they taste like that. Now, I am drinking too much Pepsi Max to try and get the taste out of my mouth, and my wife and I are both swearing up and down that we will never accept any substitutes when it comes to chip flavors.

Anyway, sorry about the tangent, but this was disgusting. The thing that bothers me most is that I let it go for so long before I threw the rest of the bag away. I am not a very critical person. Those of you who have been reading my material for any legth of time must realize that if I don't have anything nice to say, I usually skip on saying anything. If I like something, I will tell my friends, if not, I usually just consider it a lesson learned, and only tell people my experience if asked. But this was...well, foul.

1 comment:

Loquacious said...

I haven't tried that one and now I know not to. The one we all thought looked good but wound up being HORRIBLE was the Cheeseburger flavor. It tastes like pickles- nasty pickles at that.