Monday, November 1, 2010

Advice: Sometimes I Follow It.

Well, this morning I posited a question, and even though I only got one answer, it lined up so much with the impression I already had that I guess it's the right thing to do. Unsure as to whether I should use Codex: Space Marines or Codex: Blood Angels for my Spartan Marines, I looked through the two codices, and sided with Sonsoftaurus. I will be using Codex: Space Marines for the currently running Spartan Marines project, as the fluff and the literal practicalities of the army list lines up better with what I want to do.

However, all is not in vain. I did look through the Blood Angels codex, and I think it is a good fit for that other project looming on the Horizon, my Hospitallers. One aspect in particular lines up that I had not anticipated. Death Company! Here I had thought that I was going to fall in love with the Sanguinary Guard (and I did) but I really like the Death Company. This is largely impractical for all the reasons that everyone already knows. The good news is that this is the second string, longer term army project, so the realities are not as important as how it looks and how cool it is. Death Company looks good, and are cool to Death (see what I did there).

3 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

If it makes you feel any better, the same question came up elsewhere, with more support for the same answer. ;-)

http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.com/2010/11/which-codex-best-represents-deathwatch.html

CounterFett said...

Heh. It does actually, thanks!

It did not matter though. After I had a chance to look at BA, it is a really great codex, which I am going to use for the Hospitallers, but it did not really fit for the Spartan Marine project,. like you said.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.