Monday, November 8, 2010

Ballistic Masks, A Real Thing!


Goalie Mask
Ok, so yesterday, when I was talking about Army of Two, I called the masks that Salem and Rios wear Hockey masks, which is what I thought they were, in the spirit of Delta Force circa Mogadishu wearing Hockey or Skateboarding Helmets. Turns out I was wrong. It does happen!
Ballistic Mask. See my confusion?
This is a ballistic mask. It is made from Kevlar, and is rated IIIa, which means it will stop pretty much any non armor piercing pistol round (and even then it would have to be close) and most rifles of up to medium velocity. The real thing still does not look as cool as the one in the game, but you can't have everything.

4 comments:

Thor said...

Eh, airbrush some cool skull motif on it and you're good.

CounterFett said...

Yup. That's pretty much what I think they did.

Loquacious said...

You know, maybe this is my warped brain, but I see a torture device or um...adult device when I look at it.

CounterFett said...

Ha!

You know, that never occurred to me until you said it.

Naughty!