Thursday, November 18, 2010

Covenant Counts As Aspect Warriors Kill Team

Ever since I got the booster pack order of Halo ActionClix, I have been trying to decide what to do with these guys. They are simply great models, and it is a shame to leave them unplayed. I could have used them to play the Halo ActionClix game. What a radical idea, me actually using miniatures for the game they are made for! So that was out. I simply do not, nor will I ever, have enough of them to make a 40k army. Not only are they too few, but they are not as homogeneous as the Spartans. These guys are all too different, in widely varying poses with each having its own personality. So a full army is out for a host of reasons.

But then it hit me, like the proverbial lightning bolt! Spec Ops Killzone! For those of you who have had your head in the sand the past few months, Special Operations: Killzone is a fan-made supplement for Warhammer 40k, which replaces the somewhat simplistic 5e rules for Kill Teams. If you have not yet, you should download it from Galaxy In Flames , the blog of BigJim, its creator and all around daddy. You can find all of the relevant links on his left column.

I am thinking of using Codex: Eldar and having these very disparate figures count as Aspect Warriors. I was thinking of using the heavily armored Elites with swords as Striking Scorpions, the lighter armored with guns as Dire Avengers, and the Heretic Leader (Sesa Refumee) as a Swooping Hawk or Warp Spider.

What does everyone think?

No comments: