Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lurg Grimtooth

More and more ideas are starting to gel inside my head about this whole Ogryn counts as Terminators project that I have been kicking around for a while. I will need Iron Bellies to up armor them, of course, and I do have some ork 'ard boyz pieces to help with this, so it all looks pretty doable. I have at least twelve Ork Shootas, plus a few more thinks that can be Ogryn'd up to suit. That is the glory, wonder, and beauty of having a fairly extensive bitz box.

So, that leaves me with deciding how I want to make a list. Lets look at the qualities I ascribe to my ideal space ogres.
  1. Tough
  2. Strong
  3. Fierce
  4. Canny
  5. Aggressive.
What army with terminators fits this with not only fluff, but with game mechanics? Space Wolves! They even have the option of using terminators as troops choice via special characters. This eliminates the need for me to make something else count as something else, if that makes any sense. At one point, I was considering using Catachans to count as Space Marines scouts. I am glad I don't have to create a rationale for this.

This does require some fancy footwork on my part in terms of a Counts As Logan Grimnar. To be clever and stay in the theme here, I decided to call this hypothetical Ogryn leader Lurg Grimtooth. That way, he has his own character and can build his own legend, but no one will have any trouble realizing who is supposed to represent.

Now all I have to do is build him...

No comments: