Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Mantis Warriors: The Base Coat!

Well, ladies and gentlemen, it is that time. It was dry enough, barely, for me to put a base coat on my newly refurbished Mantis Warrior Assault Terminators. Once again, this is from the glorious confines of my painting utility tray thing. Sooner or later I am going to get my photo shooting rig set back up so I can take better pictures, but these guys were still slightly tacky, so I did not want to handle them much anyway.

The color is bauhaus gold, and I am thrilled to have found it. I put a lot of time and effort into finding this, and it has paid off tremendously. Keep in mind that this is going to get a wash of Gryphonne Sepia after all of the details are painted, so it will not be as bright as it is now.

Stay Tuned!

3 comments:

Mighty said...

I think the scheme you are using is pretty sick. I can’t wait to see these guys up and painted.

Silar Lannanaris said...

I second Mighty's comment, these are going to look great when complete.

Loquacious said...

I like that color! (and I don't like gold!)