Monday, November 15, 2010

Ok, Boys And Girls. The Stormraven.

I have intentionally not said anything about this for the same reason as I was waiting for the Dark Eldar hubbub to die down before I posted. Everyone and his cousin has already come out and bashed it, trashed it, debased and lambasted it. A few people have even liked it.

I don't have strong feelings about this one. In a way, I am unhappy that they are (maybe) finally releasing this, since I was maybe going to use these for my Mantis Warriors. See, now that there is an official model, my scratchbuilt ideas probably won't work. Of course, I do so much counts as that I doubt anyone will care.

In any case, on to my feelings about the (maybe) new Stormraven. It looks like what it is. A flying landraider. Someone, I dare you to tell me that this is not a typical Games Workshop Space Marine set? If you were to get a Land Raider and a Land Speeder together and let them share a milkshake, something like this might happen. Maybe we should call it the Landhawk.

I think the real root of the problem is that after the phenomonal Dark Eldar models, this just looks 'typical.' That's really the best I can put it. Give it a little while, and it will be a part of the accepted SM mythos, just like the new land raider.

2 comments:

Jeffery Keown said...

I've not really commented anywhere, as I'm not known in the community at large (that's me saying who cares what I think).

However, it's an awesome model. I hope Space Wolves and Vanilla Marines get them in some kind of White Dwarf article, because I'll buy at least one for each of my armies. Especially my orks. Ork players will go mad for this thing!

CounterFett said...

Thanks for your comment. You should really take a more active roll in 'the community' There are not a lot of people out there who make a ton of sense.

As to who cares what you think, you might be surprised. I think a lot of people either like this new model or are not against it (like me) that are just scared to say anything because everyone is busy saying how lame it is. Your opinion is just as important as theirs.