Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Simple Step In The Right Direction. And It's Green.

In the spirit of official groundbreakings the world over where a symbolic first shovel full of dirt is turned over, I managed to find some Simple Green, and started the old Salamander Terminators. They will be sitting overnight, and will get stripped in the morning.This is all in preparation, of course, for beginning the Mantis Warrior project this weekend, rather than putting it off further. It is one of those things where if I just don't start, I never will. So here it is, that first shovel full!

I am going to do everything in my power to make the products of this project worth the effort and the wait.

4 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

FYI if you're keeping the simple green stripping tub inside, I found the smell kind of annoying. I put the minis and simple green in one container with a lid, closed the lid, and then put that into another container with a lid, and no smell issues.

CounterFett said...

Actually the smell doesn't bother me much, but I know it would drive my wife up the wall, so I kept it outside. I have an enclosed balcony that is perfect for my painting projects.

sonsoftaurus said...

Good stuff. I originally left them outside, but after finding out the hard way that Simple Green freezes, I came up with the double tub solution, and it just became a habit even after the weather warmed up.

CounterFett said...

Haha. That's terrific. Don't think that will be a problem tonight. Pretty warm here.