Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Spartan Marines: Noble Team Counts As...What?

Well folks, I have a bit of a conundrum here. I bought these guys to use as characters and squad leaders for my Spartan Marines army, but ended up having them extra. Since they were my most expensive figures ($10 for six is only expensive in terms relative to this army), I would like to use them.

But as what? I don't really have any unfulfilled slots in this army. The weapons loadout they have is pretty generic. I still don't know what this list looks like points wise. What should they be?

My initial thought was to make them a Scout squad with Bolters. +1 extra guy. Heavy Bolter with Hellfire, sergeant with bolt pistol and power fist (Cat's bionic arm!). That is simply the best I can come up with in Codex: Vanilla. It might be the best fit, but I honestly have scads of scoring units, thanks to Pedro Sternguard. Infiltrating them might be nice, but I have no real need for that in my army aesthetic, so to speak.

What do you all think?

3 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

Maybe a Command Squad?

Loquacious said...

I thought Command Squad also.

CounterFett said...

That's a good idea actually, but I don't have anyone who can take a command squad. I have a Chapter Master and Master of the Forge. I might reshuffle this though, good thinking!