Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stool Pigeons And Other Office Vermin


Seriously, it's like that kid who reminds the Teacher that she didn't collect everyone's homework. The art above I found on Google Images, without attribution, which I usually won't use, but this time it fit so perfectly I had to have it. If it's your art, let me know and I will replace it.

I am sick. Very sick. Too sick to really do my job well, but apparently not too sick to blog about it. I would really like to go home and lay down. I am not going to though, because I need to use my last day off on Friday for moving. What I could have done was just go home in the middle of the day, and as long as I didn't make a fuss about it, no one would have noticed or cared. I work on commission, if I'm not here, they don't pay me. Pretty easy right?

Well, unfortunately, my office has a hall monitor. He's the kind of guy who will loudly 'joke' about your work performance while a manager is next to you. I have a pretty good work ethic, and I make a lot of money doing what I do. Yet I still have a reputation as the office slacker thanks to this feminine hygiene product. Everyone has moments in their day where they goof off or daydream. Mine are habitually trumpeted to management.

Sorry for the rant, but I am annoyed.

5 comments:

Strong, R-Strong said...

he did say i was going to kill the whole office, so i am not sure which is worse.

Strong, R-Strong said...

he did say i was going to kill the whole office, so i am not sure which is worse.

CounterFett said...

Heh. I knew you were still pissed off about that.

sonsoftaurus said...

Hostile Work Environment. Mention that around HR and see how fast they shut him up.

Eli Arndt said...

If he's poking his nose around in everyone's business, how much of his own work is he getting done? If he's got so much free time, how much company money is he wasting doing other stuff besides working?

-Eli