Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tactical Dreadnaught Armor: Never Leave Home Without It!

Remember these guys from the Salamanders Project a few months back?
Well they have been serving yeoman's service in Space Hulk, mostly losing to my daughter's swarms of Pink Bloodletters. The time has come, though, to Simply Green them, and begin retasking them. They are going to be the first unit of the new Mantis Warriors army. They are an elites choice only for Blood Angels (no special character blank-wing, sadface), but that is no biggie. Not terribly thematic for Blood Angels, but fortunately, these are not really Blood Angels. My army is going to be centered around Astorath and the Death Company, so there is a 50% chance that in a given game, these termies will succumb to the Red Thirst. I have never faced it, but I am thinking that Assault Terminators with Furious Charge is a scary thing.

One upshot here is that my painting has come a long way since the VERY simple paint scheme I used here. At the time, I just wanted them colored enough in that I could play them in Space Hulk. Now, I look back and scratch my head: Terminators are expensive enough to warrant a painstaking paint job, especially in such small quantities.

2 comments:

Loquacious said...

I'm thinking Termies might be required for my army as well, after a lot of behind-the scenes configuring.

CounterFett said...

Yes, by and large, I refuse to play any 40k related system without bringing along my Terminators.

The awesomeness of Terminators from Space Hulk is what got me into this game in the first place, after all.