Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Fantasy Flight Mega Holiday Sale Ends.

Sadly, the FFG mega awesome holiday sale ended last night. Hope everyone filled their stockings in time. When I found out that the sale was ending I went ahead and moved up the timetable on the stuff I wanted. The real gem of what I was looking at is the picture to left...AT-43 tactics. In a nutshell, I love the AT-43 miniatures, but have never been interested in picking up a new game and learning new rules, and needing to choose a faction. Well, this is touted as a miniature based RPG, but what it really looks like is a nice small scale skirmish game where you can control as few as one figure.

Yay! I love skirmish games!

This obviates the need to pick a faction, as I can use the models I already have (Go Giant Space Apes!). Or even figure out stats for models for other games. Space Marines will level this game, doubtless, but a good team of Inquisition Storm Troopers might prove just the trick. Plus, I picked up maybe $110 worth of Power Armor models for about $20.

How about the rest of you? How are your holiday sale acquisitions going?

5 comments:

sonsoftaurus said...

I looked at the sale and almost picked up a bunch of AT43 figs but when I saw the shipping, I wasn't as enamored of the deal. I can live without them.

Still, nice of them to do the sale and glad you got some cool stuff!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, the subtotal for my items was $24, and the shipping was $12.75!

WTF?

I am used to dealing with places like amazon or miniature marketplace, where the shipping is $5-ish, unless you get enough to qualify for no cost shipping. Crazy! It better come well packaged.

Loquacious said...

I'll drop you a line next time an AT-43 army comes up for sale around here. We had an entire SHELF of Red Guys go for less than $80 when the last round of sales were going on.

CounterFett said...

Ooh, yeah. please do tell me if such a thing happens. I really like the AT-43 aesthetic. I like the Therians the best, though they seem to be the least popular for some reason.

They kinda remind me of Necron, except in AT-43 they are a good army.

This order consisted entirely of UNA tacarms, because I wanted a few of them to play AT-43 tactics, which is supposedly a stand alone game. I will probably review it a few days after I get it.

Anonymous said...

I ordered through my dealer friend. $210 with free shipping! Wee!