Friday, December 10, 2010

Just Another Xenos

I love this picture. It comes from the upcoming adventure pack for Deathwatch called The Emperor Protects. I might actually get this book solely because it lets me fight dinosaurs. The Price Of Hubris, the adventure that this picture is from, looks like it might be worth the price of admission all on its own. It's that awesome.

I really was hoping that in Deathwatch they would be including a lot of the 'backstory' creatures from 40k. I've always wanted my hero to duke it out with the vaunted Catachan Devil, for instance. Dinosaurs, however, will fill the need for historical monster carnage for the time being. Just look at that thing! I wonder how many bolter shells ol' Xenos Rex can take?

8 comments:

Thor said...

That is a damn cool picture.

Red said...

Jurassic Park 40,000.

I love it. how far off is the release?

Oh yeah did you get the GM pack dude with your books? I skipped it but I was wondering whether you thought it was worthwhile.

Xaereth said...

So... this is an RPG? Video game? Heh, I don't involve myself a whole lot with 40k stuff outside of the game itself really.

The T-rex looks pretty epic though.

CounterFett said...

@ Red No release date for the Adventure pack yet. Amazingly, I do not have the GM screen. I think they are essential if you are GMing, because I have a crap memory, and the charts they put on those are really helpful.

@ Xaereth Yes, it is a pen and paper (PNP) RPG, which is set in the same universe as 40k. It's made by FFG rather than GW, which gives it a slightly different 'feel' in my opinion.

Mihalis "Cadaver" Skalkos said...

Great pic!

Who knows, we might even get to see some Exodites as well ;)

Gyro said...

Nice find!

We went pretty whole hog for Deathwatch around here, but opted for a different ruleset. Seeing this pic makes me wish we stuck with the rules as written, but there's always adventure ideas to be had regardless of which rules are used.

CounterFett said...

What rules did you guys end up using?

Anonymous said...

good start