Monday, December 6, 2010

Ravings of a Deathwatch Fanboi: Tools Of The Trade

Ok, so I have the hardcover, and I bought the downloaded version. Why, you ask? So that I can keep the digital version on a thumb drive that I always have with me, of course.

Also, since I tend to game around food and beverage, I wanted to print out the book and protect it in page protectors in a binder for actual play use. This will keep the hardback version in better shape for long term archival, as well as in a more enjoyable state for reading.

On the other hand, have you ever tried to print out and sleeve a 400 page document?

4 comments:

Steel_Templar said...

400 page sleves never tried, but sounds frustraiting, the most similar feeling has been when i "sleeved" all the MTG cards i could.
Congrants for getting book, i know its easier, a real book that the virtual version, so i understand how you feel, But Serious... SLEEVE ALL THE BOOK! xD!?

CounterFett said...

Yeah, it's madness, but the full print version cost me $60! I'll be darned if my buddy's going to sit a piece of pizza on that kind of investment.

Loquacious said...

check out Staples or Office Depot. (Kinko's is more expensive but also an option) Most have "print on demand" services with binding available- fairly affordable prices.

CounterFett said...

Yeah I have done that in the past, and it's totally worth it. This way costs me next to nothing though because of how I'm doing it. It's a win win. Especially since I have nothing else to do right now anyway.