- Daemon Tank! Yes, Guant and Co. get involved in a duel with a prowling Daemon possessed tank. The story version of that sentence is just as epic as it sounds.
- Merrt. Everyone's favorite bionic jawed Tanith ex-sniper goes along with Dalin for the ride of his life. I liked him in his earlier appearance in Straight Silver, and I like him better after The Armor of Contempt.
- Greater Daemon! Yes, in the Dalin half of the story, a Psyker Battle Squad takes on a tank killing Greater Daemon. While we don't get to watch the whole battle unfold, we get to see enough of it to know it's going to be righteous.
- Story In Two Halves. Again. Do I have to reiterate my feelings on this?
- Deaths. Two pretty important characters either die or disappear in this. Again, this is for people who don't like for that to happen. Not too bad this time as far as I am concerned.
- Anticlimactic. This story ends with a bit of a shrug and an 'Eh, whatever.' In both halves of the story, you walk away with a feeling like you don't remember why reading this one was so important. I got to the last page and went, 'Umm, that's the end?'