Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Death: The Fourth Horseman.

Continuing on with a theme here...

So Death, the Fourth Horseman, Rider of the Pale Horse, is the most traditionally stereotypical of the Horseman in the Darksiders 'verse. He is garbed in a black, form fitting battlesuit, has creepy guy long white hair, and carries a scyth that appears to be made of large bones. Also, he has no mouth. What's the deal with that?
After the ingenious solutions presented by commenters regarding Fury and Strife, Death is now the most difficult of the riders for me to come up with a good way to build. On the face of it, he should be easy. Well, it turns out there are not a lot of good scythe bits out there that can be had for on the cheap. Body and head wise, a Dark Eldar Mandrake should fit the bill pretty well, but again, I am not going to spring for a whole box of those bad boys for one body. Maybe after they hit the secondary market after the new codex shiny wears off.

Wow, in editing the art for this article, I think I might just get a mandrake. I hardly have to do any converting. I mean look at that. Separated at birth?

6 comments:

MaxDemon said...

If it helps, I'm fairly certain Paulson Games makes a Power Scythe conversion bit.

If you'd rather stick with GW, the Warhammer Fantasy Zombies box has a few scythes in it.

CounterFett said...

Ooh.

Good call. I've never heard of Paulson, so I'll check that out.

I don't NEED it to be GW, since this will never see anything but the most friendly of games (they are 'counts as' at best), but being from a plastic kit that someone will sell me bits for is a major plus.

sonsoftaurus said...

Could just get the box, take out the one you want and sell the others.

CounterFett said...

Also a viable option.

CounterFett said...

I reality, I really love the new Mandrake sculpts, I would likely just keep them.

Loquacious said...

Those mandrakes are pretty! use 'em!