Sunday, January 9, 2011

Handful Of Heroes Part VI: Two For...Sunday

Well, since I forsook the Handful of Heroes post last night, I figured I could just make a conglomopost today and get this weeks special feature all wrapped up.
Sabretooth. The penultimate Wolverine nemesis. With how big of a Wolverine fan I was back in junior high, you would think I would know more about Sabretooth, but I really don't. I always knew he had basically the same powers as Wolverine, which I always thought was pretty coincidental. Then depending on whether you accept the last wolverine movie as canon or not (and I guess the corresponding comic, I apologize for being about a decade out of the loop) turns out Sabretooth is actually old Logan's bro. Same powers actually kinda makes sense, in that light.

The figure itself is pretty cool. Really one of the better castings of the lot, given the rippling muscles in his chest and arms, the detail of the fur and stripes of his costume, and the unchecked rage of his facial expression. Hmm, Sabretooth might have made a good Space Wolf...
This guy is Mad Man, and if you don't know who he is, well...neither do I. A kind reader let me know that he is some obscure Hulk Villain, and that's basically all I got. He was my super secret special figure, and was a bit of a letdown, I assure you. I can't really comment on the accuracy of his sculpt, but he will likely stand in as a random minor supervillain in any upcoming Super Minis games in the near future. Wow, minor and super are a bit of an oxymoron when used together like that.


Well, folks, I hope you had as much fun as I did. Catch you on the flip side.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Hey:

"Penultimate" means next to last. Not super ultimate, like you allude. Otherwise, who's the LAST Wolverine villain?

:)

It IS one of my favorite words, though.

enormous-noise.blogspot.com

CounterFett said...

Hahaha. Amazingly, I didn't think anyone would catch that, and it did take a while. Private joke. The "final" Wolverine villain is Omega Red