Saturday, January 29, 2011

Inquisitor Lord Aki's Basement Gamer's Army Cook-off 2011!

Good morning all! I'm not one for New Year's resolutions and such, but I found a year long challenge that I can really wrap my mind around, and that is because someone else has already done the hard part. Planning!

I love my hobby, I work diligently towards my goals. I paint half decently. Not decently mind you, half. But I'm scattered all over heck and gone when it comes to putting my armies together. Inquisitor Lord Aki (who's blog you should all be following, btw) has put together an Army Cook-off 2011 challenge as part of his Basement Gamer's Cookbook 

I think everyone should go read the whole article in it's entirety and vow to make sure they get each step done! Please understand, I am not a completionist. My largest army is maybe 700 points (if I slap my daughter's Daemon army with my chaos marines, lol), but the way Aki has it laid out, I think I can get it done. It should not even take that long, really. Like I said, go read the article, but for short term goals, this is my itinerary for February. It's the shortest month, and probably the easiest. A good way to ease yourself into creating a new army, says I.

Each month there will be a goal to complete. It’s that simple: complete the goal. If you don’t, it doesn’t matter. If you are ahead of the schedule, that’s cool, too.

You can use this challenge to build a new army or complete an existing army. Anyone can participate in this challenge, but we will be specifically following four players throughout the year (more on them later).

The Cook-Off schedule for this year is:

February  – One troop unit + 1 HQ unit.

Now, to just decide which of my project armies is going to be my army challenge, I guess I have a few more days to decide, right? Also, please let me know what you think of the new Logo I created to help you follow updates for this project. It's me, don't you think?

No comments: