Sunday, January 9, 2011

LEGO Acquisitions: Ninjas!

The new LEGO sets, called Ninjago: Masters of Spinjutzu, has two different sides. One is sort of pricey, and comprises of some kind of top game with the figures, and one is just the traditional style figures and sets.

Though I am interested in picking up the game version to see what's what, I picked up one of the smaller traditional sets just to get a guy and some weapons.
This guy is from the Ninja Training Post, which came with some trees, a spear, sword, bow, and two throwing knives. It is a pretty neat set, which comes with a lot of swag in case you are short of weapons for your guys, or just need the options if, like me, you use your LEGO figs as customizable miniatures for gaming.

9 comments:

Brutorz Bill said...

I picked that very set up yesterday. Good Stuff!

CounterFett said...

Yeah, it's pretty spiffy.

I think he is going to stand in for my character in an upcoming Swords & Wizardry game too.

Anonymous said...

It's nice to see that LEGO is bringing back ninja sets again - I just wish they were more like the original line from a decade ago.

Gyro said...

Ha, we all think alike. This weekend I picked up the starter set game and a spare bad guy and good guy.

After playing the "game" with my seven year old I must say this, don't bother. You're better off just picking up the regular sets and leaving the spinjitsu alone.

CounterFett said...

Ok, thanks Gyro!

It's stupid expensive to get them the 'game' way, while the normal sets actually seem to be on the cheap side, compared to other sets of the same size. In that light it's a no brainer.

Loquacious said...

it'd be really wrong to point out that they're adorable, right?

CounterFett said...

Nah, LEGO proved decades ago that even guys can like cute toys. It helps that they have guns and swords though, I won't lie.

Steel_Templar said...

Hey that one reminds me my old legos, also from ninjas, just a litle lines on the chest and its exactly the same

The Happy Whisk said...

Another good one.