Thursday, January 6, 2011

Making War: Chaoseater

War's trusty sword Chaoseater, deserves a post of its own, detailing how I want to deal with this iconic piece of wargear. Originally, this was a worry, because I had no clue what I was going to do. I did a little research into the bitz available on the secondary market, and found out that this would be a lot easier than I had originally anticipated.

Here's concept art for Chaoseater:
 Here's the Champion Sword that comes with the Chaos Knights box:
Now it's not perfect, but after removing the crossguard, it would be pretty close. It also has the added benefit of being included in the base set I am going to use for the models themselves. This is a real plus as far as I am concerned.

3 comments:

jabberjabber said...

I like the chaos eater -- you've found a really nice looking bit from the Chaos Knights boxed set to proxy for it with minimal additional work.

Sgt. Brisbane said...

I'm a great fan of Darksiders and you sir, have had a great idea! Forgive me for borrowing it ;)

CounterFett said...

Thanks guys!

Feel free to borrow. I have a lot more idea than I could ever possibly use. If any of this stuff sees life in your armies, just make sure you post about it so I can see!