Saturday, January 8, 2011

OgrynWing Revisited: Something Unorthodox

Broadening my horizons, a little, I stumbled upon this in the Privateer Press site...
Now, they are not Ogres or Ogryn, but they are Ogrun. I have to assume that is pretty much the same thing. Unlike Ogre Kingdoms Ogres, these bad boys look like they do not need too awful much conversion to pass as Counts as Wolf Guard. Armor, check. Guns, check. Power Axes, well, Sorta Check. I guess that's more of a painting issue than a modeling one, so I think I can take care of it.

Big issue here is price versus convenience. I have not seen these guys on any of the discount sites like Miniaturemarket.com yet, so I do not know how much they will be costing 'street price.' I know MSRP is higher than street price of converting GW plastic Ogres. Perhaps only time will tell. I do know that this project is still some time on the horizon, like, the after house horizon, so expect more hemming and hawing from me regarding the decision.

3 comments:

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

You had me with the concept of an Ogryn heavy IG list....you lost me with the wolfguard count as. There are plenty of really bad count as armies already.

CounterFett said...

Counts as, fluff, and friendly play are pretty much all I do. None of my gaming group ever seem that upset about it, nor does my primary gaming partner, my daughter.

If the OgrynWing upsets you, I encourage you to NOT hit the Spartan Marines label at the bottom of the page, you might lose it.

Crazy Red Praetorian said...

Hey man, don't mind me I'm just on a rant over count-as SWs this week. They are everywhere. Those are great looking minis. Have fun!