Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Blog You Should All Be Reading: Plus A Commentary On The Dangers Of Innovation!

Symmaccus over at Followers Of The Machine God has posted a review of Dead Men Walking that is interesting for a couple of reasons. Now, as the title says, I think you should follow his blog, as he only has 2 followers (!), and he seems like a good guy. I know, I know, I promised some interesting things...
  1. Interesting thing the First: Symmaccus does a great review of a book I have not heard of, Dead Men Walking. He does a good enough job, in fact, that it makes me want to go find it and read it, which is rare enough, given my reading itinerary.
  2. Interesting thing the Second: He uses my review format! I know. Crazy. I like that format because it both limits me from being too obnoxiously wordy, but also forces me to fit in both perspectives, since I tend to be a little over the top, if not forced to a script.
Which, of course, brings me to the other half of my title above about dangers. Well, the dangerous part about innovating on the internet is that there is a very real possibility that someone out there might do it better than you!

3 comments:

C'nor (Outermost_Toe) said...

3.

Symmaccus said...

Wow thanks for the feature! Really, the praise is much appreciated. Your format is very easy to use and looks good.

I accidentally deleted your comment on my review while installing Disqus commenting for my blog. D=

I had wondered where the new followers were coming from.

CounterFett said...

Haha. No prob, I had wondered about that. I was already following your blog, but I do that occasionally where I will post about a blog I like. I'm on a lot of blogrings that some newer blogs are not, so I try to help.